☼ ASOR/EPHE European Symposium on Digital Approaches
- co-organized with Randall W. Younker
- Paris, La Sorbonne, Liard amphitheater
- September 4-5, 2018. Afternoon sessions including round table, 2:00-6:00
- In order to have a broader audience, both sessions and round table will be live broadcast.
➟ Collaborative Projects among European and International Scholars for the Study of Ancient Worlds Using Digital Approaches
Since the Digital Era, computational methods and practices have produced new evidence for our understanding of Ancient Near Eastern and neighboring civilizations from Neolithic to Late Antiquity. However, unfortunately, international collaborations are still limited. Just as CenterNet helps to build a network of digital humanities, our aim is to collectively initiate discussion for building collaborative opportunities among European and international scholars. No matter how advanced your Ancient World digital project is, we invite you to introduce your methods, in order to either find a partner, or build a network of digital humanities within our fields of research. We strongly encourage European junior scholars to present their digital practices, especially when it encourages collaboration between scholars from different fields (e.g. archaeologist/art historian). The second session will be followed by a forum to design an international road map of digital humanities and computer science Network in our domains. In order to have a broader audience, both sessions and forum will be live broadcast.
co-chairing with Saana Svärd
- Schedule: day 2, 3:50-5:50
- Goal: To design an international road map of digital humanities and computer science network in our domains.